Regional Institute of Oncology Iasi, Romania is Interested in Hosting Marie Skłodowska-curie Postdoctoral Fellows
The Marie SkłodowskaCurie Postdoctoral Fellowship programmein brief
1. The program is a very prestigiousone, offering a great opportunity to boost the carrier of gifted and promising researchers.
2. The objective of Marie SkłodowskaCurie Postdoctoral Fellowship programme(MSCA-PF) (https://tinyurl.com/mvuh35zd) is to support researchers’ careers and foster excellence in research. The Postdoctoral Fellowships action targets researchers holding a PhD who wish to carry out their research activities abroad, acquire new skills and develop their careers. The programmemainly offer supports for research, living, mobility, family allowance.
3. Two main types of fellowshipsare provided:
• European Postdoctoral Fellowships. They are open to researchers moving within Europe or coming to Europe from another part of the world to pursue their research career.
• Global Postdoctoral Fellowships. They fund the mobility of researchers outside Europe.
4. The submission deadline of proposals to the European Commission is 13 September 2023 and successful research proposals selected for funding may start in June 2024 at the earliest.
5. The successful candidate(s) will have the unique change to work under the umbrella of a very prestigious project awarded to our institution in 2020 by the European Commission through H2020-Widening-ERA-Chairs programme. The project will run till December 2026 (www.esei-biomed.eu).
• Academic qualification: Applicants must be in possession of the PhD diploma upon the call deadline application (September 13, 2023).
• Research experience: Applicants must have at least 3 years and a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, from the point of release of PhD degree till the application deadline. Experience is considered only for proven research activity. Career breaks are not considered.
• Nationality & Mobility rules: Applicants can be of any nationality but must not have resided/carried out their activity more than 12 months in Romania in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline (13.09.2023).
How to apply
We encourage all motivated and eligible postdoctoral researchers to send their expressions of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org(Dr. BrindusaDragoi) and email@example.com (Profesor Rares Stiufiuc), before 31 May 2023. Your application shall include: • CV clearly specifying:
(i) PhD domain, (ii) all degrees and qualifications: (iii) the exact dates for each position and its location (institution, country), (iv) a list of publications, (v) the own contribution to the most relevant publications, (vi) contribution to the grants writing (if the case); (vii) co-adviser for master and doctoral students (if the case); (viii) other relevant achievements for the position.
• Motivation letter including a research outline (max 2 pages) identifying the research synergy with both the project supervisors and the proposed research field for MSCA-PF programme.
• At least two recommendations letters from the key supervisors (PhD supervisor included).
• Type of fellowship you are interested in: European Postdoctoral Fellowship or Global Postdoctoral Fellowship
The applications will be carefully checked by the two supervisors. The most promising application(s) will be selected, and the candidate(s) contacted by June 10.
NOTE: The selected applicant(s) will be responsible for developing and writing their own MSCA-PF proposal, but they will benefit from the support of their supervisors. In addition, the applicant(s) will receive the valued support from the National Contact Point (NCP@UEFISCDI) aiming to write a competitive proposal at the standards required the by the European Commission.
Nanomedicine (preferably for oncology).
Nanomedicine is strongly inter- and multidisciplinary, and thus candidates with background in Chemistry, Biology, Medicine, but with clear connection with nanomedicine are expected. Skills in development of nanomaterials with focus on synthesis, physico-chemical characterization, in vitro evaluation on cell cultures will be a plus in the selection process.
TRANSCEND is the research unit of the Regional Institute of Oncology Iasi, Romania, and is committed to the creation of an interdisciplinary platform capable of generating scientific knowledge with high translational potential in clinical practice. Two interconnected research areas produce a unique translational hub: molecular medicine and nuclear medicine. The molecular medicine includes activities focused on molecular biology, cell cultures, cytogenetics and molecular genetics, proteomics, molecular imaging and bioinformatics. The nuclear medicine is focused on radiochemistry-radiopharmacy and translational diagnostics (Transcend IRO).
Since 2021, when the very prestigious ESEI-BioMed project focused on developing Nanomedicine in the institute launched, a new Laboratory - Nanotechnology Lab - started to be shaped in the TRANSCEND. The new lab is already equipped with a professional automated jacked glass reactor for nanoparticles synthesis from Syrris (UK), a microfluidic system for liposomes preparation from ElveFlow (France), a DLS equipment for in situ and ex-situ measurements of size and Zeta Potential from Corduan Technologies (France) and other small equipment needed for development od nanoparticles for medicine (https://tinyurl.com/yckupce4).
Previous experience in Marie Curie calls
Under the umbrella of the ERA-Chair project, the first application for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie postdoctoral fellowship was submitted under the call HORIZON-MSCA-2022-PF-01-01. The proposal received the Seal of Excellence.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be co-supervised by Prof. Dr. Habil. Rares STIUFIUC and Dr. Brindusa DRAGOI
Prof. Rares STIUFIUC is the ERA-Chair holder of the ESEI-BioMed project. His research area includes development of different types of multifunctional nanohybrids (magnetic, plasmonic & magnetoplasmonic nanoparticles, nanoliposomes, quantum dots, etc.) for biomedical applications such as targeted drug delivery, cancer treatment, biodetection, etc. He is also very much involved in the advancement of new early detection techniques mainly based on ultrasensitive vibrational spectroscopy performed on biofluids.
Dr. Brindusa DRAGOI is Senior Research Scientist and the coordinator of the ERA-Chair project ESEI-BioMed. Her research area includes development of (nano)particles (layered double hydroxides, liposomes, microemulsions) for cancer therapy and diagnosis.
Estimated timetable for the application
Deadline for sending an expression of interest: 31 May 2023
Reply to the most promising candidate(s): 10 June 2023
Writing the MSCA-PF proposal: 11June – 31 July 2023
MSCA-PF 2023 call deadline: 13 September 2023